RE: support on 10G R2

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 10:36:12 -0500

For years I've had to hassle with applications support and developers,
as well as upper management to schedule database upgrades so that we
don't end up running ancient stuff till it dies leaving us all in a
pinch.  Oracle's lifetime support policy has been a GOD sent.  At least
now I can tell people that we can remain on support, but the real boon
is the extra 30% uplift in support fees that really moves damanagement.
Funny how they understand when you phrase it in term they can
understand.

Dick Goulet