Re: straneg odbc error

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: valpis@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 14:22:22 +0100

I can't help directly, but would suggest that you try

select count(*) from "tblCampaign"@johan1

note the quotes. SQL*Server identifiers are case sensitive.

cheers

On 9/28/06, Johan Eriksson <valpis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all

We have encountered a for me new error while trying to create an odbc
bridge to an sql server, we have followed the documentation and can't
spot any misstakes there.

The system is Linux 64bit, RHEL4, the odbc is from easysoft.

I have ran all the tests with oobping and they all give me ok, no
errors at all. But then I tries to select via the db link in oracle I
get this message:

SQL> select count(*) from tblCampaign@johan1;
select count(*) from tblCampaign@johan1
                                *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-28545: error diagnosed by Net8 when connecting to an agent
Unable to retrieve text of NETWORK/NCR message 65535
ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from JOHAN1

Can't figure out what I am doing wrong so I need som help . What more information do you want?

/johan

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info