Re: storing blobs in database

  • From: Brent Day <coloradodba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JChirco@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:59:18 -0700

If backup time is that critical you could  store them in the same database
using a dedicated tablespace for the LOB data. Then exclude that tablespace
from your standard backup and create a backup process to backup the LOB
tablespace.
To exclude the tablespace use the following RMAN command "CONFIGURE EXCLUDE
FOR TABLESPACE <LOB TABLESPACE NAME>;

Brent