RE: &^@#%$@#%$ stinkin' oracle7 database

  • From: "Adams, Matthew (GE Consumer & Industrial)" <MATT.ADAMS@xxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 20:45:46 -0400

That one thing I thought of, but I'm supposed to have=20
this done by Monday and was looking for something=20
faster.  I also came up with an idea that just might be crazy.

I haven't tried it yet, but if I can find a UUENCODE program
that will read standard in and if the unix split program will read
from standard in, I was considering something along the lines of

export writes the data to a pipe,  uuencode reads from the pipe, encodes
and pipes it's output to split.  I then ftp the uuencode pieces to the
new server, assemble them, uudecode them and load the resultant file
(into a 9i DB which can handle the large export file).

Is this just crazy?

Matt