Re: statspack , LAG - does this look OK

  • From: BN <bnsarma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:03:13 -0400

On 10/26/07, Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> BN,
>
> What problem are you trying to resolve? Is there a performance problem?
> Hourly snapshots - keep in mind that a lot can occur in an hour. What is
> the client load, how does it change over the hour? What is the server load?
>
> Dennis Williams

Greetings Dennis

The problem is already resolved with hourly STATSPACK Reports,

The porblem: Veriy high disk Activity
STATPSPACK  Report: Log file sync, parallel writes high wait events

This happend after a vender release,  they started writng polling data  DB ,
I s howed them that through statspack reports,  and 10046 Levle 12 trace on
a few of their sessions,
they fixed the issue with a patch release,

Now my management needs to see these reports for a day on an hour basis,
just like I showed

BN

--
Regards & Thanks