RE: statistics stability

  • From: "Jack van Zanen" <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 00:23:22 +0100

Hi

I think that scheduling weekly/monthly statistics has it's uses, but there
are numerous tables that do not or hardly ever change dramatically and do
not need regular statistics gathering.

I tend to look at the schema and if most tables need regular statistics I
might just analyze the  schema and if most do not,I script for just the
tables that do need it.

Niall has a good point but I thought that is only if histograms are used and
you are not in this case

Jack

  _____