Re: standby db - ora16166 LGWR timed out on Network Server 1 due to buffer full condition

  • From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Patty.Charlebois@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:41:57 +0100

Sad to hear they stopped the project.
I did about 30 successfull DG installations so far. I've seen this
before, Oracle consultants with weird thoughts of causes of problems. I
wasn't there at that moment, so I cannot really judge his conclusions,
but ignorance and lack of experience appear to be very often the cause
of this. DG has lots of features to handle exactly the problem you
described. I ran it on a 1 Mb WAN connection....
Best regards, Carel-Jan

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
===

Upcoming appearances:

      * Jan 27, 2005: London, UKOUG Unix SIG: Data Guard Best Practices
      * Feb 9-10, 2005: Denver, RMOUG Training Days: Data Guard
        Performance Issues
      * Mar 6-10, 2005: Dallas, Hotsos Symposium: Data Guard Performance
        Issues