Re: standby db - ora16166 LGWR timed out on Network Server 1 due to buffer full condition

  • From: steve noyle <stevenoyle1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 05:38:50 -0800 (PST)

yes, the standby is pingable and the RFS process and
listener are running at the standby.

OS - solaris 8

the only entry in sqlnet.ora on both the primary &
standby is
NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES,HOSTNAME)

v$database on primary shows primary,archivelog,read
write, maximum performance

v$database on standby shows physical standby,
archivelog, mounted, maximum performance

When I switched log file, the logfile got applied at
the standby site almost instantaneously. I created a
couple of objects on the primary and did verify that
they got created on the standby.

I've been getting this error when there were no
activities on the database and yet when I tested

Appreciate any insights.

thanks.

steve

--- Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Some counterquestions to start with:
> OS? Version? SQL*Net settings? Listener running on
> standby? Standby
> pingable? Is the RFS process at the standby running?
> When you perform a
> logswitch, what happens? Will any logfile arrive at
> the standby?
> what does V$DATABASE show you?
>

> On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 19:39, steve noyle wrote:
>
> > hi,
> > I've just set up a 9.2.0.4 standby database and
> have
> > been getting the following messages every day.
> >
> > Timing out on NetServer 1
> > prod=39901,cons=37325,threshold=2560
> > ORA-16166: LGWR timed out on Network Server 1 due
> > buffer full condition.
> >          No action is required since the log file
> > transfer will be attempted via ARCH
> > Sun Jan 16 02:34:14 2005
> > Errors in file

/u01/app/oracle/admin/test01/bdump/test01_lgwr_12800.trc:

http://my.yahoo.com