From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Walker, Jed S
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:16 PM
To: Guillermo Alan Bort; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: stale ASM alert logs

Good thinking but that isn't it. I did "show parameter background" and it is
the directory I'm checking in. It doesn't appear the instance itself thinks it
is somewhere else.
Anyone have other ideas?

SQL> show parameter background

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
------------------------------------ ----------- ------------------------------
background_core_dump                 string      partial
background_dump_dest                 string      /oracle/grid/diag/asm/+asm/+AS
                                                 M1/trace
SQL> exit
Disconnected from Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 -
64bit Production With the Real Application Clusters and Automatic Storage
Management options
(oracle) node-01:+ASM1:/home/oracle
 ->cd /oracle/grid/diag/asm/+asm/+ASM1/trace
(oracle) node-01:+ASM1:/oracle/grid/diag/asm/+asm/+ASM1/trace
 ->ll -rt
total 512
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 479574 May 11 05:26 alert_+ASM1.log
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba   1302 Jul 20 17:07 +ASM1_rbal_27847.trm