RE: stale ASM alert logs

  • From: Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>, "Jed_Walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Jed_Walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 15:43:52 +0000

Unfortunately that's a package and doesn't exist in ASM, since ASM has no
physical presence.  It'll work for dbs though and I've thought of implementing
something like that to dump messages maybe weekly to alert logs of dbs, just to
validate that the agent is properly monitoring the alert log.  Under 10g we're
finding that sometimes the agent stops monitoring the alert log and the only
way we've found to detect this is to dump messages to see if they're picked up
and if not, then the agent is goofed up and has to be restarted.  It's always
fun monitoring the monitor!

DAVID HERRING
DBA
Acxiom Corporation
EML   dave.herring@xxxxxxxxxx
TEL    630.944.4762
MBL   630.430.5988
1501 Opus Pl, Downers Grove, IL 60515, USA
WWW.ACXIOM.COM