Re: srvctl remove asm generates PRKS-1033 and CRS-0214

Randy,

It is tough to diagnose from here. =) See the rant that Bill Wagman shares
with us.
As Li-Shan Cheng pointed out, we had to use crs_stop on ASM first, and then
srvctl remove asm. LS Cheng did a great job at reproducing the error and
coming up with the right solution.

I agree, the documentation is good indeed; but not comprehensive by any
means. Li-Shan pointed out, from the documentation, that one should use
crs_stop when a service is in an UNKNOWN state, but there is not much else
besides that. And you gotta love those "dangerous" commands. We were
recently by Oracle Support told that crs_unregister is buggy and not well
supported.

There is a lot of black magic that goes on with CRS, enough to make any
BAAG-party member have cold sweats and nightmares. *grin*

--
Charles Schultz