Re: sqlplus connection from unix with and without the oracle sid

Hello Ricks,

Actually there are many database running on the unix server you are logging
in. to see how many databses are running in your unix server issue "ps -ef
|grep lgwr" .  Now suppose you want to login to a  database for ex:- 'xxxx'
and you have username and password for the database you are logging in.

steps:-
1. After you login to your unix machine.
2. . oraenv
here you need to enter the database you want to login to say xxxx
3. sqlplus username/password
4. You are done and you have logged in xxxx database as your username or
passsword.

Note:- If there is only one database running on your machine then some times
it takes by default.

Hope this helps.....

Thanks
Nilesh

--
Soni
Temples & Softwares are more or less the same, first we build them and then