Re: sqlplus connect string issue

  • From: hrishy <hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Howard Latham <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, MarkBobak <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 09:17:08 +0000 (GMT)

Hi

I am sorry i did not understand your statement.Can you please rephrase

When i try

sqlplus username/password@mysid it connects.
But when i try
export ORACLE_SID=mysid
sqlplus username/password it does not connect

Date: Tuesday, 30 June, 2009, 7:16 AM

I don't see anywhere that you have verified that ORACLE_SID is set correctly.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info