Re: sources for hidden and useful hints for testin

  • From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 01:02:38 +0200

Tom Kyte never uses un-documented stuff (with one or two exceptions in
the 42 years he's worked for Oracle) as a matter of principle. So he's
just using what's in the manuals and the notes from Metalink.

W.r.t. tuning (whatever that is), these things might help if all the
normal stuff (such as figuring out what the problem is before applying
the sledge hammer) doesn't. But it's very rare. Exotic, yes. Exciting,
yes. But rare.

Mogens