Re: sort latch usage in MTS mode

  • From: Nigel Thomas <nigel_cl_thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:10:56 -0700 (PDT)

Zu Chao wrote: maybe not many people use MTS recently due to nearly-free RAM.
But when connection# goes real high, you still have to, and we are such a user.

Kevin Closson replied: just out of curiosity, what is "real high" in terms of
connect count?

 And another (maybe irrelevant) point: when there is a mid-tier shared
connection pool, that can also act as a concentrator/multiplexer (eg I have
LoadRunner tested 2000 "users" executing a realistic high volume workload with
(iirc) only 100-200 real Oracle connections). Yes, I know 2000 is not "real
high" :) but you can scale out this approach.

MTS and app server shared pool have different strengths and weaknesses (for the
benefit of the BAAG party - or just to stimulate more informed replies - I'll
refrain from proving my ignorance by guessing what they are :-).

Regards Nigel