RE: some pitfalls about quest Shareplex . any suggestions or more pitfalls

  • From: "Hallas, John, Tech Dev" <John.Hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jametong@xxxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 10:48:25 +0100

Which version of Shareplex are you using?, the latest one.
There are a couple of Shareplex (Quest) staff who monitor this list but
have you spoken to Quest directly about your issues? What is their
response.

I have found that once given a good test case they work hard to resolve
any issues within their control. I think it fair to say, certainly in my
experience, you need to be able to prove there is a problem first, which
can be quite difficult.

Subject: some pitfalls about quest Shareplex . any suggestions or more
pitfalls

When using quest shareplex software, I found the following problems .
anyone has any suggestions or have anyone met some other pitfalls with
shareplex. why not share it with me!!

1.  Of character convertion.
    Shareplex can easyly convert from us7ascii to our zhs16gbk
characterset with varchar2,varchar2,char etc.. but when using it with
the clob type . the characters then can't be  identified..

2. when used with clob type , the shareplex software will not use bind
vars to insert data into the destination database. This bring so much
pressure on the shared pool of our system.

3.  when update 200,000 records of our test table . the shareplex
software gererated more than 2000 child cursors with the same hash
value.

How can I solve these problems .