RE: (solved) RE: Quick question as google seems to be unhelpful this morning

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:57:19 -0600

Actually this didn't quite work as expected.

To alter the table and change the logfile you must specify ALL the access
parameters, otherwise you'll get errors selecting from the external table.

Just wanted to pass that along.

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-354-4799
Email: chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing
the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the
information on any medium.

I've recreated a couple of these with the NOLOGFILE option, but I was hoping
not to have to do this for all our external tables.

It appears to modify the logfile attribute of an external table you have to
recreate the table but not 100% positive about this.