RE: snapshot refresh

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 14:52:02 -0400

Joe,

    If it's a fast refresh, then it has to have a log table where
changes are logged till the next refresh has happen.  Check the number
of rows therein.  If it's close to 0 then you can be assured of one of
two things 1) there are few is any refreshes to the table in which case
why you want a refresh process to run is questionable or 2) the refresh
process is running successfully since as the rows get refreshed the
process deletes them from the log table.  Also you can look on the
target database & see if the job there is running, use
DBA_JOBS/USER_JOBS to tell, LAST_DATE and BROKEN will let you know or
NEXT_DATE will be out in the year 4001 or something close thereto if
it's broken.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
PAREXEL International
978.313.3426
 information transmitted in this communication is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please destroy any copies, contact the