Re: single instance cluster database

  • From: "Bradd Piontek" <piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:37:03 -0500

I found this on OTN Forums:
See
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/license.111/b28287/editions.htm#BABDJGGI
=========================
Oracle Clusterware
Oracle Clusterware can be installed and used to protect any Oracle or
third-party software provided any of the following conditions are met:
The software being protected is from Oracle.
The software being protected uses an Oracle Database.
The software being protected is running on Oracle Unbreakable Linux.
The software being protected is running in a cluster where at least one
machine involved in the cluster is licensed using the appropriate metric for
either Oracle Database Enterprise Edition or Oracle Database Standard
Edition.
A cluster is defined to include all the machines that share the same Oracle
Cluster Registry (OCR) and Voting Disk.

I don't think SE/EE matters in this case.

Bradd Piontek
Oracle Blog: http://piontekdd.blogspot.com
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/piontekdd