Re: single instance cluster database

  • From: "Bradd Piontek" <piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: p4cldba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:14:52 -0500

I"m not privy to what the the contents of the presentation were, so I'm not
sure what you mean by Single Instance cluster database.

I have created a single instance RAC database for various reasons (the
biggest being a vendor that won't certify for RAC, but we want to run on our
standard environment). I had toyed with the idea , since we have the
clusterware, ASM etc, of doing just this, but figured it would take me
longer to discover the issues, and start things up manually. What I've begun
doing is creating a 2-instance RAC database and shutting down one instance
and disabling that instance in the clusterware resource. In case of node
failure, things are easily brought up and swapped.

Bradd Piontek