Re: simple platform independent scripting language (now using Shell Scripts on *NIX)

Really, why not Perl? It is included on many Oracle distributions (See
ORAFAQ <http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/Perl>) so you can sidestep your Windows
admins. It really isn't as complicated as all that! Just different...
There is lots of information available via google - and a nod to Jared
Still, who has written this up in much more detail than I ever could.

Regards Nigel