Re: shutdown immediate

  • From: "Mir M. Mirhashimali" <mhyder@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:23:42 -0500

If there is a long running transaction and the shutdown immediate was issued before the transaction completes then the rollback takes some time and a lot of redo is generated. I have seen this happen couple times.

--
Mir M. Mirhashimali
Oracle Systems Manager

genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello.

I am trying to shutdown immediate a database (10.2.0.3). Normally it takes
couple of minutes. this time it has been
running for about 25 min. When I look at the alert.log, I see already 4 log
switches ( I have 3 logfile groups) and I
wonder what could be the reason it is taking such a long time. I also don't
remember seeing all the logswitches
after the shutdown immediate.

Would appreciate any thoughts

thank you