RE: should one use ANSI join syntax when writing an Oracle application?

  • From: "Ken Naim" <kennaim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:41:50 -0500

Nothing is gained as far as I am concerned. I would prefer using the
traditional syntax. I have had to use the ansi syntax to do full outer joins
which I agree shouldn't be need but when I write custom etl for my warehouse
I tend to run in data structures that require it (read as bad oltp design).

Ken