From: Andrew Kerber [mailto:andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 2:53 PM
To: Taylor, Chris David
Cc: bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx; Stephens, Chris; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: sheltered little world i live in -> NODB?

Why pay for an Oracle license if you dont need to?  I can see the case when you
are already paying for an Oracle license, but if you dont have one already, why
get one for something can be handled just as well by a single flat file?
On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Taylor, Chris David
<ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:
Why *not* store it in the database?

Oracle is typically only CPU intensive when SQL is written inefficiently I
think - granted I may be over simplifying with this statement.

Chris Taylor

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort."
-- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily
reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its
employees.