Re: shared storage solution

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baojiejie@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 21:51:32 +0100

RAC and CHEAP create a great collision!
If you use RAC either for HA or for scaling, you are in regions where CHEAP will not fit. So why not save the (little) money for a non-RAC, but rock solid solution?

What's your goal behind the idea?

(I don't want to offend you, I just have to fight the 'cheak' ideas of my management too often)

regards,
 Martin

--
Martin Berger                                     http://berx.at/

I am planning a cheap RAC solution based on Red hat Enterprise 4 Linux (or oracle unbreakable Linux) .

I get some hints from Jeff Hunter's storage solution, but i am not sure if it a stable one, and also the performance?

Do anyone else implement such kind of "cheap" RAC setup with a very nice storage solution?
What is your concern while you choose it ?