RE: shared database sequence.

  • From: <Pratap.Singh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:53:51 -0600

I normally prefer solution with large numbers

seq on database 1
start with 1000000 max 1999999

seq on database 2
start with 2000000 max 2999999

and if you are about to hit the max number simply add one more digit and
recreate sequences

seq on database 1
start with 10000000 max 19999999

seq on database 2
start with 20000000 max 29999999

You can also easily add extra sequences this way. Easy to use if 1 will
be used less often and 2 will be used more often.
Thx,
PB Singh

  _____