Re: sga_max_size, DISM and project.max-shm-memory and SWAP space on Solaris 10

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: anjan.thakuria@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:21:15 -0700

Oracle Support doc #169706.1 recommends allocating 75% of phy mem for swap.  No explanation behind it, but Oracle Support also has documents explaining the relationship between swap and shared memory on Solaris, so you may want to look those up.

anjan thakruia wrote:

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:41 AM, anjan thakruia <anjan.thakuria@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I have not been able to find authoritative documentation explaining the relationship between the components:

Env Solaris 10
DB 10.2.0.3.0

swap 16 GB
Ph memory 192 GB
DISM available
trying to set sga_max_size 130GB
pga_aggregate_target 5GB
db_cache_size 120GB
shared_pool 1.5 gb
granule size 16MB

project.max-shm-memory == 136 GB

I would great if some one could help understand the relationship and how it works.. specifically how the granules use the swap space with using oradism.

Anjan

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l