setting db_cache_size when using automatic sga management

All,

**Here  is my scenario on a Oracle 10.2.0.4  on solaris 10.

sga_max_size set at 6G
db_cache_size at 3G
sga_target -0 -  disabled

and during certain time I observe the cache hit ratio  goes to 60%  . I am
planning to enable ASMM  as below

sga_max_size  - 8G
db_cache_size  -3G
sga_target       -  6G

so will oracle extend the db_cache_size  to maintain a  better hit ratio ?
will it work ?

but again anybody has any experience with this bug
which crashes the instance when we have ASMM  enabled and  then setting up
manually   a db_cache_size .
*Ora-00600: [Kmgs_pre_process_request_2] after having adjusted db_cache_size
[ID 737458.1]

 Appreciate any recommendation here

thanks in advance
Kart