set column high value

  • From: "Stephens, Chris" <Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:28:45 -0500

Can anyone point me to a url explaining how to set the min and max column
statistics?

We have a futuristic accounting 'period' of year 2099 and periodid 2099.  No
SQL ever wants anything beyond the current period which is 207.  This shows up
all over the place and is jacking up all sorts of range-based queries.

Thanks for any links!
Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by email reply.