Re: session_cached_cursors and ora-07745

Hello all,

Just wanted to share an update on this topic.  I had removed the
session_cached_cursors parameter on this instance based on metalink
note 274496.1.  Once I did this, I was able to start the database and
it remained up for about a week, only to crash again last Friday
afternoon.  Turns out there was a bug involved.  (description below)
We are using extensive Java in several 9.2.0.5/9.2.0.6 databases and
have only seen this issue on one database.  I've applied the patch and
thus far, it looks good but I haven't made it through Friday yet.

A patch is available for version 9.2.0.5 as well.

Robyn

BUG
--------
3691672 OERI[17067]/ OERI[26599] / dump (kgllkdl) from JavaVM /
OERI:1100 from PMON

Details: This problem is introduced in 9.2.0.6 by the fix for bug 3253770.
ORA-600 [17067] / ORA-600 [26599] and numerous other errors
can occur using Java in the database, especially where there
is a high degree of concurrency. This problem can lead to a
subsequent ORA-600 [1100] error in PMON causing an instance
crash.

Note:  This problem was originally listed as fixed in 9.2.0.6 but the
fix is incomplete and the problem shows internal errors in
9.2.0.6.