Re: session_cached_cursors and ora-07745

  • From: Robyn <robyn.sands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:18:30 -0500

Hello all,

Just wanted to share an update on this topic.  I had removed the
session_cached_cursors parameter on this instance based on metalink
note 274496.1.  Once I did this, I was able to start the database and
it remained up for about a week, only to crash again last Friday
afternoon.  Turns out there was a bug involved.  (description below)
We are using extensive Java in several databases and
have only seen this issue on one database.  I've applied the patch and
thus far, it looks good but I haven't made it through Friday yet.

A patch is available for version as well.

3691672 OERI[17067]/ OERI[26599] / dump (kgllkdl) from JavaVM /
OERI:1100 from PMON

Details: This problem is introduced in by the fix for bug 3253770.
ORA-600 [17067] / ORA-600 [26599] and numerous other errors
can occur using Java in the database, especially where there
is a high degree of concurrency. This problem can lead to a
subsequent ORA-600 [1100] error in PMON causing an instance

Note:  This problem was originally listed as fixed in but the
fix is incomplete and the problem shows internal errors in