Re: server is joining remote tables locally

thanks David, lex and Scott, it does, but it is not the optimal I=B4m
looking for, and I'm sorry, but the example I put it is just simple.
Let's use the following example with 4 tables that it is more like
what I=B4m doing.

select *
from a, b, c@site1 c, d@site2 d
where a.col1=3Db.col2 and=20
         b.col3=3Dc.col4 and
         c.col5=3Dd.col6

when I used the driving_site hint the join of c and d was executed at
the remote site
but it request individual selects for tables a and b at the local site
and not the join between a and b

why doesn=B4t the database join the remote tables, it shouldn't be more eff=
icient?
        =20
thanks again

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:39:03 +0100 (CET), Lex de Haan
<lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> did you try the driving_site hint, to force execution at the other node?
>=20
> cheers,
>=20
> Lex.
>=20
> > Hello oh you great masters of Database:
> >
> > I come to you with a humble question
> >
> > version 9.2.0.6 on hp-ux 11i11
> >
> > I have query like this:
> > select *
> > from a, b@site1 b c@site1 c
> > where a.col1=3Db.col2 and
> > b.col3 =3D c.col4
> >
> > I supposed that the local database should send to the remote database
> > something like this:
> >
> > select * from b,c
> > where b.col2=3D:1 and
> > b.col3 =3D c.col4