Re: separate owner/ORACLE_HOME for crs, ASM, and database in RAC environment

  • From: "Li Li" <litanli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dan Norris" <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:50:42 -0600

Hi, Dan,

my OSASM group is "dba" also, I know this defeats some of the separation,
but I just wanted to test this out. It's very strange to me that I have this
issue because in my case both oracle and oraclex have "oinstall" as primary
group and "dba" as second group, and oracle's RDBMS home and oraclex's RDBMS
home all have 775 permission. I am trying to get some other eyes on this
issue to see what I am missing :(

Thank you all for your time to reply!
-Li