Re: semi OT - Anonymous authentication against AD using DBMS_LDAP

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bill Ferguson <wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 12:27:15 -0300

Bill,
I am now attempting to configure the authentication scheme in APEX using
LDAP, but I can't figure out exactly what I need to put in the
distinguished name string. I could probably use the LDAP Username Edit
Function to connect to LDAP using sAMAccountName@domain and get the DN from
there... Or define my own custom authentication scheme and create a
function that performs the authentication. How did you approach the
authentication scheme?

thanks for your reply
Cheers
Alan.-