Re: select/insert/delete

  • From: Michael Moore <michaeljmoore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 15:03:59 -0700

Hi Robert,
You might have missed my response to your previous response. Here it is
again so you don't need to hunt for it.
Hi Robert,
"... I was looking for a single SQL statement that does not use functions or
triggers."

The function idea might be doable, but really, my intent on the original
post was to determined if there was some feature of SQL that I missed.

My original assertion still seems to be true, namely, 'You can't MOVE data
from table A to table B with a single PURE SQL statement.

By MOVE, I mean that the data no longer exists in table A.
By PURE SQL, I mean no use of PL/SQL in any capacity.

Regards,
Mike