Re: select/insert/delete

  • From: Adam Musch <ahmusch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 13:33:39 -0500

The WHEN MATCHED THEN UPDATE ... DELETE only permits deleting from the
target table, and I don't think it can you can build a key-preserved
view as the target of the join, especially when the target table
doesn't have the matching rows.

After reading the OP's most recent post post, I suspect that the only
practical choices are to:

- Build a PL/SQL collections of records for manipulation, validation
and migration:
- Use a global temporary table as a staging where one does as much
manipulation and validation at the SQL level.  This should mitigate
some of the concurrency issues, as you're working with a copy of the
data.
- Exploit the LOG ERRORS DML clause to capture the records which fail
referential integrity validation.  If you're not using RI, well, that
solution will be less effective.

--
Adam Musch
ahmusch@xxxxxxxxx