select the view is ok, but when using "explain plan" throws error ora-01031

  • From: qihua wu <wqhhp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 19:34:47 -0700 (PDT)

When I select  the data from a view, I can get the result. But When I want to
get the execution plan of the sql using
    explain plan for select * from other_schema.v_the_view
 (the view is from another schema)
It throws error ora-01031 insufficient privileges.

I didn't know what speical privileges is needed when explain the plan

And the plan_hash_value for that sql (from v$sql) is 0, Is it possible for
plan_hash_value? when will it be 0?

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small
Business.