From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of David
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 3:58 PM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: segment fragmentation

I have been asked to determine segment/object fragmentation levels after =
mass delete has been performed.

Do LMT only negate fragmentation occuring at a tablespace level as an
issue and segment fragmentation and high water mark issues are still
relevant after a mass purge?

How does one check for this type of fragmentation?

It has been requested I perform an export/import of said schema after
verifying segment fragmentation exists.

By the way, I have finally purchased Optimizing Oracle Performance and
have begun the reading.

Regards,
--=20
..