RE: segment fragmentation

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 02:15:10 -0400

Thanks for the correction on alter table move.  Oracle 8, not 9i!  I =
know what I was thinking.

As to statistics treatment, that's a good point too.  I no longer have =
any 8.0 databases to test with, but in my humble opinion, the 9i =
behavior of=20
the deletion of statistics is the correct thing to do.  Once the table =
been rebuilt, the statistics are (likely to) vary significantly from =