secure files and compression in 11g and oracle apps

  • From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle Freelists <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 08:06:01 -0800

Hi
I was investigating the possibility of using secure files and compression
feature in 11g with ebiz.
Example of one such table that can benefit is fnd_lobs.
Has anyone implemented this with oracle applications?
I had a few questions regarding these features
Since fnd_lobs has a blob column, merely creating the table or altering the
table fnd_lobs to use compression would not give much space savings
  In order to achieve space savings on lob columns also, I would have to use
the securefiles feature along with compression feature.
 . Is this right?

Thank you
Kumar