Re: script to drop/create schema indexes

  • From: JApplewhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: premjhere@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:49:32 -0500

JP,

My simple-minded solution would be to export the schema with Rows=N, then
import using the IndexFile parameter.  You'll get all the Create Index
statements in a text file that you can edit and run.  Check out the
Utilities doc.

I'm sure there are newer, cooler 10g facilities for this, but I'm not
there yet.

Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator
Austin (Texas) Independent School District
512.414.9715 (wk)  /  512.935.5929 (pager)

 I'll just sit back in the shade while everyone gets laid.
 That's what I call Intelligent Design. -- God ("Origin of Species": Chris
Smither)

"Prem Khanna J" <premjhere@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
07/27/2007 09:28 AM
Please respond to
premjhere@xxxxxxxxx

oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
script to drop/create schema indexes

Friends ,

I want to drop/create all indexes of a schema. This is on 10.2.0.2/AIX5.3L
.
Thought I don't want to do it (i want to go for rebuild) , my irate
customer wants it dropped/created.
I couldn't convince him .

Does someone has a good script to do that ? If someone can share it with
me, it would be great.

Thanks .

~jp~