RE: screw up

  • From: Ken Naim <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Mladen.Gogala@xxxxxxxx'" <Mladen.Gogala@xxxxxxxx>, "'thump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 14:52:58 -0400

Do you have a recent export of your database or that schema?. If so you can
retrieve your lost source code directly and relatively easily. Also
restoring your backup shouldn't be too bad since you do not need to restore
your data and index tablespaces, just your system, rbs/undo, sort/temp etc.

A poor and lazy man's source control can be running a nightly export with
rows=N, it will export the structure and more importantly the code from your
database. It can come in handy for situations such as yours.