Re: salary idea

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 00:24:41 +1000

Good for you. I couldn't care less what you take offense to, either.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto

Guillermo Alan Bort wrote,on my timestamp of 17/06/2010 10:29 PM:
As a Service Delivery DBA I take offense to that. It is my experience (with europeans) that their skills are not great, they work extremeley short hours, take vacation time every 2 months and earn about 5-10 times what I earn delivering a very good service (not me alone, of course). So, having local DBAs may feel better, but there is a very high level of skills out there and for a very low cost... specially for 24x7 active coverage.

And 10-30k sounds right for offshoring DBA services with a reasonable level of expertise.

cheers.
Alan.-

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 10:07 PM, Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I can offshore it for less than that.
    But I thought we were talking about a job that requires certain
    technical and IT qualifications, not just picking bananas...