Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:26:54 -0300
Subject: Re: salary idea
From: gabriel.hanauer@xxxxxxxxx
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree with you.
Today I am working with europeans and I used to work with americans and
indians. And I have to say to you that we have really good guys here compared
to them.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

As a Service Delivery DBA I take offense to that. It is my experience (with
europeans) that their skills are not great, they work extremeley short hours,
take vacation time every 2 months and earn about 5-10 times what I earn
delivering a very good service (not me alone, of course). So, having local DBAs
may feel better, but there is a very high level of skills out there and for a
very low cost... specially for 24x7 active coverage.

And 10-30k sounds right for offshoring DBA services with a reasonable level of
expertise.

cheers.Alan.-

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 10:07 PM, Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I can offshore it for less than that.

But I thought we were talking about a job that requires certain technical and
IT qualifications, not just picking bananas...

--

Cheers

Nuno Souto

in rainy Sydney, Australia

dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx

fmhabash wrote,on my timestamp of 17/06/2010 1:28 AM:

Heck ...

I can off-shore this job for 10-30k a year!!!

Sounds too funny, but real .In my previous company, the decision was made to
stop hiring in north America. These are the numbers I was seeing on the the HR
requests.

Gabriel Hanauer