RE: salary idea

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx>, "Bellows, Bambi (Comsys)" <bbel5@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:28:15 -0400

Ethan,

We're a company whose business is driving efficiency in the database
tier through software - and what we've found is that people have cut so
deep already, there's nothing left to cut, and they're actually turning
to software like ours just so they can keep up with the business
obligations they have.  These people want to automate, but not so they
can reduce the number of DBAs, just so they can keep their heads above
water.

I think there is an increasing demand, as lots of organizations that put
projects on hold in 2009 are starting to execute on them in 2010, and
accordingly not only do a lot of shops only have enough team to keep the
lights on today, but they are scrambling to do all of the upgrades,
refreshes, migrations, new app deployments that didn't get done in 2009.
I have lots of customers that are trying to hire, and I'm a firm
believer that no matter how bad the economy gets, the really top-notch
folks are hard to find.

Matt