RE: salary idea

  • From: "Bellows, Bambi (Comsys)" <bbel5@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>, <mdinh@xxxxxxxxx>, <post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:00:01 -0500

Actually, I'm with Kellyn.  The price of DBAs is finally heading back
up.

________________________________

From: Ethan Post <post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx>
To: mdinh@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: "Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"oracle-l-freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 10:12 AM

Salaries are just a price for goods and like every price they rise and
fall with supply and demand. My guess is the supply of experienced
applicants is increasing in this economy (HP and IBM seem to layoff
endlessly) so I would be careful with demanding too much. There may be
other applicants which have the same level of experience as you and are
willing to work for less. Keep in mind that many times these laundry
lists of requirements are pie in the sky wish lists and employers often
settle for someone that are a less than perfect match. I have seen
applicants come back with sky high "consulting" salary requirements and
they don't often get hired unless the particular project is in a real
bind. NY state taxes are up there, so take that into consideration and
they are likely to rise in coming years as that state is one with the
serious financial issues.