running oracle on non-install user

  • From: Remigiusz Sokolowski <rems@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'ORACLE-L' <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:16:42 +0100

Hi,
I try here to run several instances, every one from different account,
but using the same installation, which is owned by yet another account.
I wonder if anyone could share similar experiances?

Main thing I am really confused is privileges on which an instance works.
Let's say that installation owner is oracle and there is another account
oratest from which we would like to run an instance with name ORATEST.
ORACLE_HOME for oratest is a link to binaries real location.
The instance starts on oracle privileges. Of course I can manage the instance
from oratest account by sqlplus, but I would like to run it on oratest,
or in case that is impossible, just know the reasons behind that.

Can anybody explain what decides on which privileges the instance runs?

Thanks in advance
Remigiusz

Remigiusz Sokolowski <rems@xxxxxxxx>
WP/PTI/DIP/ZAB (+04858) 52 15 770
MySQL v04.x,05.x; Oracle v10.x

Zastrzezenia:
1. Wylaczenie danej funkcjonalnosci oznacza, ze niezwlocznie przystapimy
  lub juz pracujemy nad jej uruchomieniem
2. Niniejsza wiadomosc stanowi jedynie wyraz prywatnych pogladow autora i nie jest w zadnym wypadku zwiazana ze stanowiskiem przedsiebiorstwa Wirtualna Polska S.A.

WIRTUALNA POLSKA SA, ul. Traugutta 115c, 80-226 Gdansk; NIP: 957-07-51-216; Sad Rejonowy Gdansk-Polnoc KRS 0000068548, kapital zakladowy 62.880.024 zlotych (w calosci wplacony)