rman: transportable tablesspace plsql_native_library_dir

  • From: "Baziel de Leeuw" <baziel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:45:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I've been trying to transport a tablespace via rman.
rman does that through an auxiliary database.

So, if i understand the process correctly, this happens:
rman uses the sourcedb to get the datafiles set and make an export.
rman than creates and starts a temporary auxiliary database from backup
and then does the steps you would normally take with a transportable
tablespace by putting the tablespace set readonly in that auxiliary
database, and then transports the tablespaces to the goaldb and then rman
removes the auxiliary database.
i'm trying to get that to work but i get an error message:

database opened

Removing automatic instance
shutting down automatic instance
Oracle instance shut down
Automatic instance removed
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03002: failure of tranport tablespace command at 06/28/2007 11:27:44
RMAN-06136: ORACLE error from auxiliary database: ORA-06540: PL/SQL:
compilation error
ORA-06553: PLS-920: parameter plsql_native_library_dir is not set

i've looked in both the source and the goal database and both seem to have
this parameter plsql_native_library_dir set and just be sure i "777-end"
that directory. I can set  ALTER SESSION SET PLSQL_CODE_TYPE='NATIVE'; in
both source and goal environments.

So my guess is that it is the auxiliary database, the one that rman
creates for its own use, that misses that parameter.
So my questions:
Do i understand this correctly?
and if so: how do you set a parameter in a temporary database?

Thanks!

Baziel