RE: rman script to backup on both instances in a RAC env.

  • From: "Johnson, William L \(TEIS\)" <WLJohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gnahmed.c@xxxxxxxxxx>, "LazyDBA Discussion" <oracledba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 07:33:07 -0400

Try allocating channel t3 and/or t4 to the second instance in the RAC
environment.  Currently we run 4 channels in our RAC backups - 2 to each
instance.

Here is the syntax we use in our backup to allocate a channel to the
second instance in the RAC environment...

allocate channel node1_t4 type 'SBT_TAPE' MAXOPENFILES 16
parms="ENV=(NB_ORA_CLASS=class_name-w-hot)" connect
'account_name/password@connect_string';