From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andrew Kerber
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:49 AM
To: Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: rman question

Brian-
If you work, or plan to work, as a professional DBA, I strongly
recommend you be familiar with all the scenarios that Thomas describes.
At various times I have run into all those scenarios.

As others have noted in the past, backup and recovery is where DBA's
earn their pay (and can lose their job for that matter).

Andrew W. Kerber

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged.  If
you are not the addressee, do not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way
use or rely on the information contained in this email or any attachments.  If
received in error, notify the sender immediately and delete this email and any
attachments from your system.  Emails cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error free as the message and any attachments could be intercepted, corrupted,
lost, delayed, incomplete or amended.  Standard Chartered PLC and its
subsidiaries do not accept liability for damage caused by this email or any
attachments and may monitor email traffic.

Standard Chartered PLC is incorporated in England with limited liability under
company number 966425 and has its registered office at 1 Aldermanbury Square,
London, EC2V 7SB.

Standard Chartered Bank ("SCB") is incorporated in England with limited
liability by Royal Charter 1853, under reference ZC18.  The Principal Office of
SCB is situated in England at 1 Aldermanbury Square, London EC2V 7SB. In the
United Kingdom, SCB is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services
Authority under FSA register number 114276.

If you are receiving this email from SCB outside the UK, please click
http://www.standardchartered.com/global/email_disclaimer.html to refer to the
information on other jurisdictions.