Re: rman policy

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ikar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:16:30 -0700

How about consulting the Recovery Manager User’s Guide (A96566-01):

RMAN Concepts I: Channels, Backups, and Copies
 Backup Retention Policies
  Backups Exempt from the Retention Policy

Inessa Weiner wrote:

We are backing up our database (Oracle 9i) using RMAN -
level 0 backup on Saturday night, incremental level 1 - Sunday to Friday.

We would like to retain all backups for 3 month, so we configured RMAN to retain backups:
configure retention policy to recovery window of 90 days;

I also need to keep level 0 copy from the first Saturday of the month up to three years.

Could you please help me on this ?

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation